Firstly, what does an insurance broker do?
Brokers act in your best interests. Good ones, like the ones at Driessen Insurance Brokers, get to know you.
What does an Insurance Broker do?
By getting to know you and what’s important to you, an insurance broker can identify areas where you or your business may be exposed to risk and financial loss. They help you decide what to insure and how you can manage those risks so they don’t happen in the first place.
Insurance Brokers know products – they understand what is and isn’t covered and compare the costs of a wide range of competing insurance policies to find you the best cover at a fair price.
Insurance Brokers are also there for you when things go wrong. They understand the technical side of things and deal with the insurers to make sure you are treated fairly and receive maximum entitlements when you do have a claim.
How does an Insurance Broker know what insurance I need?
When you see a broker you’ll have an initial meeting. We refer to this as the discovery phase. Your broker asks questions, listens to what’s important to you and gathers the facts. Using their experience and technical know-how they research the risks and compare products to create a customised insurance strategy for you.
How much does it cost to use an Insurance Broker?
How much it costs really depends on the complexity of your insurance needs. We generally charge you a service fee that reflects the time, expertise and effort required to put adequate protection in place and this fee is always communicated and agreed up-front before before we do anything on your behalf.
- There is no charge for initial consultations.
- Any fees or charges that apply are always communicated to you up-front.
- There are no hidden costs or charges.
- When we place insurance cover for you we charge a fee and we may also receive a commission or referral fee.
Full details of how we get paid can be found in our Financial Services Guide.
Our promise to you:
- We are here for you when things go wrong.
- We’re on your side – we represent YOU not the insurer.
- We use our expertise and product knowledge to get the fairest, maximum settlement for you based on the cover you have.
- We manage a claim all the way through – dealing with any roadblocks and proactively managing potential issues.
- We take care of the paperwork and talk to the insurers.
- You’ll always know what’s going on. We’ll track and share progress with you so you’re always in the loop.
You’ll only be involved when you’re needed to make a decision.
- We guarantee your claim will be actioned within 24 hours of notifying us of an event and we’ll do what it takes to make sure your claim is dealt with as quickly as possible with the insurer.